About the Program
- What is the main difference between this and other diet programs?
The Breakthrough Weight Loss System helps the body use unwanted fat quickly and efficiently. No other diet program can do this.
- What are the ingredients of the Breakthrough M2 supplements?Platinum : Homeopathic supportMen’s Platinum
Integrated Aminos used by both Men and Women
L- Leucine (BCAA)
- Is there any support/coaching available?Yes! There is 12 week coaching program held on Thursday nights. It is a one hour weekly call in/webinar where people have an opportunity to ask questions, share what’s new and good in their lives and then there is a planned curriculum that cover topics like your belief system, setting goals, building new habits and so much more.
We have personal accountability coaches who answer questions, keep track of your progress and provide support.
We also have a private Facebook page for support, tips, and recipes. Only Breakthrough clients are allowed on this page and only other members can see who is on the page.
We have a terrific monthly newsletter and a yearly reunion Celebration. Stay tuned for an update on the exact date of our next celebration. All are welcome – call the office line for more details.
- Why don’t people gain the weight back?
Quite simply, the body does not need unwanted or “adipose” fat to function properly. Once this fat is lost, the body has no need to replace it.
- Why is Step 4 so important?
Once you are done with the low-calorie portion of the program, it takes your body a minimum of 3 weeks to create a new “set point” to naturally help maintain your new lower weight. During these 3 CRUCIAL weeks, you CANNOT have spikes in the blood sugar levels; therefore NO CARBS(including alcohol) OR SUGAR during this time frame! This phase is IMPERATIVE to solidify your new lower weight.
- How do I eat when I'm done with Step 4?
You’ll be surprised at how much less food you’ll need and desire when you have completed the program. You really need to listen to your body and STOP eating when you are satisfied (not stuffed).
At this point, you do need to make better diet choices, such as eating 2 fruits a day, 1 serving of dairy (if that) per day, lots of green leafy vegetables, proteins, and good carbs (potatoes, root vegetables, whole grain products). Also, minimize your intake of processed, fast, and take-out foods.
- Can I have regular food after my program?Yes! You do not have to give up pizza, desserts, and other foods that you love. Obviously, you can’t eat this way all the time, but most people don’t anyhow. Follow the 90/10 rule: 90% of your meals should be healthy and balanced, 10% should be “eat what you want.” So if there are 21 meals in a week, only 2 of them should be “eat what you want.”
- If I want to stop after the 3 week minimum, when can I start another round?
We recommend at least 3 weeks, although 6 weeks is better. Taking a break from the program is a great time to test yourself and see if you are still attracted to and use food in the same way you used to.
- When is the best time to start my program?
Men can start the program at any time. The optimal time for women is the week after your period ends. (Note that this is the optimal time, but not the only time).
- How much does the program cost?$249. This includes the Dual weight loss supplements (5-6 week supply), B-12 and potassium (1 month supply), online personal dashboard, educational material, personalized coaching, and access to our private online community.
- How do I get started?Please click the “Start Here” button, located at the top or bottom of all web pages. This will get you all the information (weight loss plan and quick video explaining the program) needed so you can make an educated decision on whether this program is a good for you.
- I'm a vegetarian, can I do the program?Yes. The only thing that changes for vegetarians are the protein choices:
- Cottage Cheese
- 3 Egg Whites + 1 Egg
- Brown Rice Powder
- Ezekial Bread
- Green Lentils ( dry )
- Garbanzo Beans ( canned )
- Black Beans ( canned )
- Orgain Protein Powder
- Lifelight Organic Tempeh
- Organic Tofu
- Can I drink alcohol on the program?
NO! Metabolically alcohol acts as a carbohydrate that adds only empty calories to your diet and also makes it harder for the liver to detoxify and metabolize.
- Why can't I exercise as usual?
The loss of the stored unwanted fat is a slow process that happens mostly when you are at rest. Exercise requires the body to quickly call up energy for immediate use. Therefore, the fat you use for more strenuous exercise is coming from your normal fat reserves, and because your body wants your normal fat reserves at certain levels, it attempts to replace your reserves the next time you eat. As this diet is very low in fat, your body will continually try to fill the fat reserves and your weight loss will slow or stop because your body will not allow you to lose fat when it is trying to store fat.
Also, the body releases potassium through sweat and this program’s food list contains only a few foods that are high in potassium (tomatoes/salsa and cucumbers). Taking a potassium supplement will help replace normal potassium usage, but may not replace the larger amounts of potassium used during strenuous exercise.
However, you can do light exercise on a daily basis. Choose one of the following: 30-minute walk, light yoga, Zumba Gold (for seniors) or 10-15 minute workout with 5lb weights. Sex is also an option too.
- Can I participate in the Breakthrough M2 Weight Loss System if I’m pregnant or nursing?
No. Neither pregnant nor nursing women should ever follow a low-calorie diet like this one.
- Why can I eat unlimited salsa and not unlimited tomatoes?
The jalapenos, cumin, and chili powder in salsa help speed up the metabolism and neutralize the natural sugar in tomatoes.
- Why can't I get a massage?
The massage action interferes with the fat release process between layers of muscle and fat. However, if you want to continue to get massages, make sure you use oil-free massage products.
Also, people’s bodies release toxins after a massage and it may slow down the weight release process.
- Are there any side effects from the diet and supplements that are used?
Detoxification symptoms can occur within the first 24-48 hours of the low calorie diet, and constipation can possibly occur within the first two weeks. Both side effects are temporary. There are no stimulants or caffeine in the Breakthrough M2 supplements that can cause side effects.
- What can I do about constipation?
Just because you haven’t “gone” in a few days doesn’t mean that you’re constipated. Let’s face it-if there’s not much going in, there won’t be much coming out. So unless you’re feeling bloated and uncomfortable, you’re probably not constipated.
You can ward off constipation by drinking 2-3 glasses of room temperature water in the morning on an empty stomach. If you still get constipated, try the following:
- Breakthrough M2 30 Day Detoxifying Colon Cleanse
- Instant Breakthrough Calcium & Magnesium Supplement with Vitamin C
- Drink up to 6 glasses per day of water with psyllium powder. (This also helps you keep that full feeling)
- Take 250 mg of magnesium daily
- Drink a glass of Herbal Smooth Move Tea at night before bed
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt in 8 oz. of warm water
Special Medical Conditions
- I have a thyroid condition, can I do this program?
YES! About 20% of our clients take Synthroid or the generic version. Our thyroid clients have had great success, but they do lose weight a bit slower.
- What if I'm a diabetic?
This is an amazing diet for diabetics! Your blood sugar levels will stabilize within one week (for most people). All of my clients who have followed the program properly from Phase 1 to 4 either eliminate their insulin dependency or dramatically lower their need for insulin medications.
- What about my medications or hormonal replacement?
Neither the diet nor the Breakthrough M2 supplements interfere with the efficacy of your medications or directly change hormonal levels.
Use of Other Supplements
- Can I use my supplements/vitamins during the program?
For the first week, do not take any self-prescribed supplements, except for a multi-vitamin and/or probiotics, but DO keep taking supplements prescribed by your doctor. This allows your body to get acclimated to the diet, reset itself, and then tell you what it needs. If, after the first week, you still experience ailments that your supplements helped alleviate, then start to take your supplements again.
Oil-based supplements (Fish Oil, Vitamin D) are allowed.
- What about the potassium and B-12?You don’t need to start either of these until day three, the first low-calorie day after your two high fat load-up days. Our NEW Starter package includes a bottle of B-12 and potassium. Extra B-12 can be taken up to 3 times a day if you want more energy. It is water-soluble; therefore you cannot take too much.
Potassium, on the other hand is NOT water soluble – you can have too much or too little. Your body stores potassium and takes it as needed. If you have too much potassium, you might see hair loss or have heart palpitations. If you have too little, you will experience achy legs (not to be confused with leg cramps, which has been reported to be a very common side-effect from Lipitor). The recommendation for potassium is one tablet per day before lunch or dinner. Ask your doctor about taking potassium if on a statin drug.
General Frequently Asked Questions
- How closely do I need to follow the Breakthrough M2 Diet?
It is essential that you follow the protocol as outlined. The Breakthrough M2 Low-Calorie Diet starts on the third day of the drops. It needs to be followed EXACTLY! Even slight variations in the diet and protocol can mean that the weight loss stops. You will be upsetting the saturation of the blood with calories, and it takes time to regain balance.
- What do I do if I reach my goal weight before the 21st day?
If you reach your goal weight before you have finished the 21 days of drops, you must not stop the drops until you complete your 21st day. Continue the low-calorie diet and drops until day 21. Your body will level off your weight during maintenance.
- How much lemon/lime juice can I use per day?
The juice of one FRESH lemon/lime daily is allowed for any purpose per day. No other juices until you are completely done with step 4.
- Can I season my food?
You may season any food with the juice of one lemon/lime daily and use any seasoning you like as long as it does NOT have added sugar to it.
- Can I double up my meals or skip meals altogether?
No, if you do this, expect to not lose weight the next day.
- Can I use any fats to cook or eat with my food?
No oil, butter or dressing is permitted during Steps 2 and 3. Smart Balance spray may be used occasionally.
- What type of fluids can I drink?
Approved fluids are water, coffee, tea, naturally sweetened seltzers, and lemon/limeade (sweetened with Stevia only).
- How much fluid should I drink each day?
You should drink a minimum of half your body weight in ounces of recommended fluids or 90 oz whichever is higher. Example: If you weigh 140 lbs drink 90 oz of water daily. Many clients are afraid to drink too much water because they fear it may make them retain more water. This is a wrong notion as the body is more inclined to store water when the intake falls below its normal requirements. *No matter what your weight: Men no less than 96 oz; women no less than 90 oz.
- Can I vary when I eat my fruit or breadstick each day?
The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner but not more than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.
- How do I weigh my meats and fish?
The 3.5 ounces of meat must be scrupulously weighed raw after all visible fat has been removed. Use a postage or accurate food scale to weigh your food.
- Can I vary the items listed for each meal?
There is no problem in breaking up the two meals. For example, have a breadstick and a fruit for breakfast or an afternoon snack, provided they are deducted from the regular meals. The whole daily ration of two breadsticks or two fruits may not be eaten at the same time, nor can any item be saved from the previous day.
- What if I just do the low calorie diet without the Breakthrough M2 drops?
Don’t try this diet without the Breakthrough M2 supplement. The weight you lose is normal and structural fat which will be quickly regained.
- Why should I journal?
It is important to journal your food intake each day because this is when people see patterns which teach them about why they eat or crave certain foods and which foods might be more beneficial to them. While on the program, take the opportunity to learn about your eating habits and what triggers you to eat besides actual physical hunger. Journaling about your mood and daily stresses are a great way to start learning about your coping mechanisms. Is your weight a wall that you are comfortable with?
- What if I go out to eat?
If you are going out, use the palm of your hand to estimate your protein, and palm to fingertip to measure your vegetables. With your phone, take a picture of the protein and vegetable list so you have it.
- Will I lose muscle?
No, but you may feel as though it requires a greater muscular effort than before to climb stairs or lift something heavy. You may feel as though your muscles have to work harder. This is NOT because you are losing muscle. The abnormal fat that has deposited between, in and around the muscles is now being removed. With the removal of this fat, it makes the muscles too long. So when you attempt a certain skeletal movement, say the bending of the arm, your muscles have to perform greater contraction than before. This does not mean you are getting weak. Your muscles just need time to adjust to the new situation.
- What foods am I allowed to eat while on this program?The food lists are located in the weight loss plan you receive from the “Start Here” button
- Is this program difficult to do with a family, kids, job, busy schedule?This all depends on your mindset. If you are ready to finally make a change, then NO it is not difficult. You learn to make time for you, which you should do anyway, and the habits you are developing during the program, are necessary if you want to keep the weight off.