Amber’s Blackened Mahi Mahi with Zucchini Kale Pesto
- 3.5 ounces mahi mahi or your favorite approved fish
- 3.5 ounces zucchini quarters (chilled)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon SweetLeaf Organic Stevia Powder
- 1/4 cup kale
- 7 basil leaves
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Lemon zest
- 2-3 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all Pesto ingredients in a blender to puree. Mix with zucchini quarters and chill.
- Mix dry rub ingredients and put in shaker jar.
- Cover fish in the dry rub blend.
- Preheat nonstick pan on high, add fish, and sear until blackened. Fish cooked completely in about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with zucchini pesto salad.