Chili with Grass-Fed Beef
- 1 tablespoon beef stock (Imagine brand is best)
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 14 oz grass-fed beef, ground chicken, or ground turkey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 packet powdered SweetLeaf Organic Stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Stacey Hawkins Smoked Sea Salt or pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or a few shots of hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 can 14.5 ounce petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa (when cooking salsa, remember the temperature will increase. Mild will taste like medium)
- Start with a dry pan over medium-high heat and toast the minced onion until fragrant. This takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground meat. Break it apart with a wooden spoon. Stirring occasionally, cook for 6-7 minutes until meat is browned.
- While meat is cooking measure out all your spices into a bowl.
- When the meat is browned, reduce heat to low to medium-low. Stir in your spices, beef stock, tomatoes, and salsa.
- Bring to a low boil for 20 minutes.
- Let the chili rest for 10 minutes and then serve over prepared kale or grilled romaine.