- 1 carton Imagine chicken Stock
- 6 cloves garlic - minced or sliced
- 1 large nub of ginger or 7 tabs (if buying the packaged cubes)
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass busted
- 1/4 Savoy cabbage - sliced
- 1/2 bunch kale- rough chop
- 3.5 ounces chicken
- 3.5 ounces broccoli
- Add stock, aromatics (ginger, garlic, lemongrass) into pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Add cabbage and kale. Let it simmer for 45 minutes-1 hr. This allows all flavors to develop.
- While it cooks prep broccoli and chicken. (I used leftover chicken but you can put in raw pieces just allow time to cook).
- Broccoli should be added last to keep it nice and vibrant. Allow to cook 3-5 minutes in hot soup base.
- Salt, pepper, chili flakes - to taste
Of course, you can change all levels of seasoning to your preference or protein/stock as well. Shrimp would be fabulous.