3.5 oz veal
2 Grissini Breadsticks
handful basil leaves
garlic powder (to your liking)
fresh garlic (2-3 cloves)
- Weigh spinach- 3.5 ounces.
- Chop up your spinach and place on the side.
- Take 2 breadsticks (garlic works great) place in food processor or crush up in a ziplock bag with mallet or glass.
- Place veal between plastic wrap. Flaten out with mallet on both sides.
- Set stove to medium-high heat.
Prepare the crumbs for the veal in a bowl:
2. Add a dash of garlic powder to the crushed breadsticks.
3. Add a pinch of lemon zest. Use a microplane.
4. Add a pinch of paprika
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of Stacey Hawkin's Simply Brilliant spice.
7. Pour mixture on a plate
8. On a separate plate, pour the lemon juice.
9. Dip both sides of the veal in the lemon juice.
10. Coat both sides of the veal.
11. Use non-stick spray.
12. Cook veal until slightly brown on both sides.
13. If the veal starts to stick you can use beef stock too.
14. Remove veal from pan.
15. Deglaze pan with beef stock.
16. Add minced garlic clove and 1 tablespoon onion.
17. Add 2 torn or chopped basil leaves.
18. Add more beef stock if desired.
19. Add veal back in to absorb all the flavors.
20. Add spinach to pan until cooked thorough.