- 3 tablespoons Bragg's Aminos
- 1-2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 dropper full of Clear Stevia (liquid)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup (approximately) of approved beef stock
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Toasted sesame ginger blend (this is a must ingredient if you like Asian flavors)
- chives for taste
- 3.5 ounces (grass-fed) beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 3.5 ounces broccoli
One Pan method:
- In a small bowl, combine the Bragg's Aminos, lemon juice, clear stevia, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- Give your pan a quick spray of Smart balance, heat beef stock in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 30 seconds. Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until evenly browned. Add the broccoli and stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes. Add the Bragg's Aminos mixture, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth. Top with Toasted sesame ginger spice and Serve immediately.
- Over medium-high heat saute half of the garlic and ginger in Smart balance for 1 minute, keep adding a little beef broth as needed to keep from burning.
- Toss in broccoli, lemon juice, and a little more broth. Saute until broccoli is bright green, about 3-4 minutes, adding broth as necessary. Remove from pan and put aside, keeping warm
- Over medium-high heat saute the rest of the garlic and ginger in Smart balance for 1 minute, add a little beef broth as needed to keep from burning.
- Add in the beef, Bragg's, and more beef broth, sauteing to your desire temperature (if you are making more than one serving, consider cooking the meat a little less, so you are not overcooking it when reheating). 3-4 minutes is about medium to medium-well depending on how thin your steak is sliced.
- When beef is almost done, add about a 1/2 cup more broth, stevia, xanthan gum, and Toasted sesame ginger spice. Let simmer for a few minutes until sauce thickens, toss in broccoli mixture for about 30 seconds, plate and top with chives and more Toasted sesame ginger spice if desired.
You can make this a 4 serving recipe so you have meals ahead. The only drawback to that is heating it up because I do not like microwaving food, especially beef. But this did heat up well in an aluminum foil pocket and placed into a double boiler. It only needs to be in there a few minutes after you get the water boiling. ~Nan