Asian Inspired Cabbage Soup
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped (Napa, red, or green)
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 2 - 3 drops SweetLeaf Stevia Clear Sweet Drops
- 2 tablespoons mild salsa
- Handful of sweet/Thai basil leaves
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon dried shallots
- Simple Girl Dry Bouillon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 3 cloves
- Over medium-high heat, pour the broth into a dutch oven or stockpot.
- Add cinnamon stick, star anise, and cloves.
- Add in onion flakes, garlic, cabbage, celery flakes, stevia, salsa, and shallots. Bring to a boil. Don’t worry if there looks like there’s too much cabbage, it will boil down.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the cabbage is tender.
- Add vinegar in increments of 1 teaspoon, adjusting to your preference or skip this step if you prefer to use lime juice.
- Season with Bragg's Aminos, Simple Girl Dry Bouillon, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add basil leaves and simmer for 1 minute.
- Dish and serve hot with lime wedges and/or Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce.