September 24, 2021
- 3.5 ounces raw cauliflower rice
- Imagine chicken broth for deglazing technique
- 1 teaspoon of chives or scallions
- 1 clove of fresh chopped garlic
- a sprinkle of paprika
- a sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 2 sprinkles of dried oregano
- 2 sprinkles of dried basil
- 3.5 ounces of peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- Cajun spice (Nan uses Kickn' cajun by Stacey Hawkins) to coat the shrimp before cooking them
- Salt & pepper
- Imagine chicken broth
- A sprinkle of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
Rub the raw shrimp with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper and set aside.
Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add broth, let cook down and brown the bottom of the pan. Then deglaze the pan with more broth. Do this deglazing process twice.
Add the cauliflower rice, chopped scallions or chives, and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes, until garlic is tender and rice is beginning to brown, adding broth as needed to keep moist.
Then add paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, and basil. Toss well and remove the rice to a plate, cover to keep it warm.
Add enough broth to coat the pan, have the heat to medium-high. Deglaze once, add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes until just seared.
Pour white wine vinegar and a little more broth over the shrimp. Simmer until shrimp is opaque but not rubbery. Be careful not to overcook your shrimp.
To serve, spoon the shrimp and sauce over the cauliflower rice.