- Make the marinade. Place all of the meat ingredients, except the flank steak, in a blender and puree.
- Place the steak in a shallow nonreactive dish or storage bag, add the marinade, and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Grill meat until medium-rare, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Transfer to cutting board and thinly slice the meat against the grain.
- Place lettuce, 3.5 ounces of steak, and 3.5 ounces of tomatoes in a bowl and garnish.
Makes 4 servings
If you want to you could also try adding a Btm2 approved salad dressing. You could make one from the recipe guide or the citrus ginger, sweet vinaigrette, or sweet mustard.