For the chicken marinade:
- 14 ounces chicken breast ( 4 servings; 3.5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Imagine chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2-3 drops SweetLeaf Stevia Coconut or Clear Sweet Drops
- 1/2 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon of sea or pink salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Imagine Chicken Stock
- 2 green onions, diced
- 14 ounces of cauliflower rice
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Add in 1 tablespoon of Chicken stock and your jerk seasoning: garlic, ginger, Bragg's, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, liquid stevia, allspice, cinnamon, dried thyme, cayenne, sea salt, and black pepper. Use clean hands to toss the chicken in the mixture.
- Cover and allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 6 hours, or you can skip this completely and begin the cooking process.
- Next, add 1/3 cup of Chicken stock to a large deep 10-inch skillet and place over medium-high heat. Let it cook down and then add in the chicken with marinade; season with a little more salt and pepper. Cook until browned 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet (it should be "greased" enough already for sauteing, but since we are not using oil, spray with a little Smart Balance or add a little more Chicken stock), add green onion and Cauliflower rice; saute for 1-2 minutes.
Garnish with green onions and serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
To meal prep: This meal serves four. Place rice in meal prep containers and top with 1 chicken thigh. Garnish with green onion.
- 1 large head cauliflower. After you cut, grate or process, weigh out 14 ounces for the above recipe, making 4 servings.
Wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower, then remove all greens.
Optional: Transfer to a clean towel or paper towel and press to remove any excess moisture, which can make your dish soggy.
Once you have your cauliflower rice, it's easy to cook (or enjoy raw)! Simply sauté in a large skillet over medium heat in 4-6 tablespoons of Chicken stock. Cover with a lid so the cauliflower steams and becomes more tender. Cook for a total of 5-8 minutes, then season as desired (such as with Bragg's Aminos or salt and pepper).
Use cauliflower rice in recipes that you might use rice in. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store uncooked cauliflower rice in the freezer for up to 1 month.