Chef Nan’s Deviled Shrimp Ragu
- Slice spaghetti in half, spoon out seeds. Sprinkle with M2 Magic. Place flat side down on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees, for 45-50 minutes. If you are using an air fryer, it can be at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Peel and de-vein raw shrimp (count the amount you have and divide by 4)
- Place shrimp shells into a saucepan with bay leaf and 1 pinch of smoked paprika over medium-low heat; cook and stir shells until they turn pink about 5 minutes. Pour in water, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and simmer shrimp stock for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice, ketchup, clear stevia, ground chipotle pepper, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, garlic, 1 pinch of salt, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Strain shrimp stock into a bowl; discard shells and bay leaf. Whisk shrimp stock into ketchup mixture and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with Smart Balance place over high heat until small wisps of smoke rise from the skillet. Cook shrimp until bottom sides of shrimp are seared and browned about 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp stock mixture and cook until shrimp are opaque about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a bowl using a slotted spoon, leaving the sauce in skillet.
- Stir in chicken stock and ketchup mixture into the shrimp stock making the Ragu. Bring Ragu to a boil and cook until sauce has reduced and thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using a metal fork, scrape out spaghetti squash from its shell. Measure 3.5 ounces and then top it with about 1/4 cup of Ragu and the appropriate number of shrimp for one serving.
- Top with chives to taste! Yum!