- 1 1/2 heads of cabbage
- 2 apples
- 6- 8 tablespoons of minced onion
- Stacey Hawkins Toasted Sesame Ginger Seasoning (3-4 capfuls or as desired)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Squeeze of lime juice
* Please note, this is a huge batch the 6-8 tablespoons of onion will be spread out over many servings, therefore you do NOT need to count the onion as your vegetable if using this recipe. The same thing goes for the 2 apples.
This recipe is free unless you are eating half the bowl of coleslaw. If you did that, you have to count it as one of your fruit servings. ~Nan
- Shred cabbage and apple in food processor. Add squeeze of lime juice.
- Add spices and mix to taste.
*I add a lot of the sesame and minced onion.
The onion used in this recipe … is it a dried minced onion spice or an actual onion, and if actual onion, does it matter what kind we use … I.e. red onion, Vidalia, yellow etc.??? thanks in advance!!!
Hi Joann, it does not matter which kind you use, dried or actual, and whatever you prefer as far as the type of onion. 🙂
how many servings is this recipe?
Please look at the note on the bottom. For all our clients: Remember, your limits on this program are 2 fruits, 2 (non-free) veggies, and 2 proteins. If any recipe has a 3.5 ounce serving of veggie or protein, you know the number of servings. Same thing for recipes containing fruit. 🙂