- 2 (free) cups of Romaine lettuce
- 3.5 oz veggie of choice (I used cooked spinach)
- 1 serving of lentils
- 2 Tbsp vegetable stock or water
- 1 Tbsp of almond milk (Your 1 TBSP of “dairy” for the day)
- Mrs. Dash Table Blend to taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Xanthan Gum to thickness liking (I used 1⁄4 teaspoon)
- Heat all dressing ingredients except Xanthan Gum.
- Add Xanthan Gum after heating.
- Pour over salad and enjoy!
Homemade Mrs. Dash spice recipe:
- 3 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon dried savory
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried sage
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried lemon zest- optional
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper