- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice, 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons sesame or olive oil*
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin or Simple Girl bouillion, or Old Bay
- 1/2 teaspoon of "Everything but the bagel" seasoning
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba (water from the chickpea can)
This makes 2 servings of protein for the vegetarian/vegan protocol.
* This recipe calls for olive oil due to the lack of fat in this "vegetarian protein" choice. Having some naturally occurring fat during this diet is very important and this particular protein choice has minimal.