Italian Shrimp and Pesto over Zoodles
- 2 tablespoons Nan's Pesto sauce (not store-bought/made)
- 2-3 tablespoons of Simple Girl Citrus Ginger Dressing
- ½ - 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 7 ounces zoodles (spiralized zucchini)
- 7 ounces raw or cooked shrimp
- Imagine chicken stock (no more than a cup)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
Makes 2 servings
- Prepare Nan's Pesto Sauce (Click for recipe)
- Season the shrimp. In a bowl mix the shrimp with the seasoning, a splash of chicken stock, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Spiralize the zucchini.
- Sauté zoodles in chicken stock for 3 minutes and then add shrimp. Add more chicken stock if necessary. Cook for another 2-4 minutes (2 minutes for pre-cooked, 3-4 minutes for raw). Don’t overcook the shrimp. Allow them to become translucent pink and a soft “C” shape. This only takes a few minutes.
- Add the citrus ginger dressing, pesto, and red pepper flakes. Mix and serve warm.