- 3.5 ounces chicken
- Adobo seasoning -season to your liking
- Simple Girl Bouillon - season to your liking
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 small clove of fresh garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon squeezed/1 slice for decoration
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Sprinkle of dried parsley
This recipe makes one serving of protein.
- Take your chicken breast and sprinkle both sides with Adobo, Simple Girl Bouillon, and Xanthan gum.
- Spray your pan with Smart Balance, add fresh garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add chicken to pan and brown lightly on both sides.
- Add the chicken broth, the juice of 1/2 lemon, and the parsley.
- When the sauce begins to simmer, add more chicken stock as needed.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken. (About 5-7 minutes for a thin breast.)
Serve with your favorite vegetable. Spinach, broccoli, or asparagus are great choices!
You could add the veggies to the pan for the last 4-5 minutes.