- 7 ounces chicken tenderloins
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of saffron
- 1 T Simply Brilliant
- pinch of ginger or 1/4 teaspoon of ginger paste
- pinch ground coriander
- pink salt & pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups Imagine Chicken stock
- 7 ounces fresh fennel (sliced)
- Marinate saffron strands in lemon juice then crush them into a paste.
- Add all dry spices to the saffron mixture, EXCEPT Simply Brilliant.
- Dip the chicken in the saffron mixture, then top the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, saute the fennel and Simply Brilliant spice using a little Smart Balance or Pam spray until slightly soft. Use a little chicken stock to help "steam."
- Remove the fennel from the pan and set it aside.
- Add a little more chicken stock to the hot pan and allow it to cook down.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the pan and a little more stock.
- As stock cooks down, keep deglazing the pan until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken, add the rest of your stock, sprinkle a little xanthan gum into the pan, and whisk until thickened.
- Put gravy over fennel and chicken! Delicious.