Nan’s Baked Apple Cinnamon Cookies
December 3, 2022
- 1 medium apple
- 4 tablespoons of juice from the apple
- 1 Grissini Traditional Bread Stick
- Dash of cinnamon
- 10 drops SweetLeaf Stevia Cinnamon Sweet Drops
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Powder
Uses one serving of fruit and one breadstick.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or spray with nonstick spray (just on the area the cookies will sit- otherwise it’s wasted.)
- Using a box grater, shred the apple to the core, leaving the peel ON. Do this over a bowl to save dishes.
- Using your hands, squeeze out excess apple juice into a bowl, add 5 drops of cinnamon stevia, and reserve for later.
- Place squeezed grated apple into a small bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon and 5 drops of cinnamon stevia. Let sit while you prepare the "flour."
- "Flour:" Place the breadstick in a plastic Ziploc bag with a dash of cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder, and crush the mixture until big pieces are flour-like size.
- Add flour to the apple mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved liquid to help moisten the cookie dough and form two cookies.
- Place the cookie patties on the baking sheet & bake for 30 minutes for a chewy cookie, and 40 minutes for a crisper & fruit leather-type consistency.
- Top your cookies with powdered stevia and cinnamon, if desired.
- Drink the remaining apple juice! That has your minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. Don't waste it :)