- 1 1/2 cups of rinsed/cooked Quinoa - you will cook 1 cup of dry quinoa (but you will rinse it) dry to get this amount.
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1 cup Aquafaba (chickpea juice from the can)
- 1 Teaspoon of Simple girl dry bouillon with water
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 3 Teaspoons of red wine vinegar
- 4 drops of clear stevia
- 1 cup of ribboned fresh basil
- 12 ounces halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce diced red onion
- 1 ounce chopped fresh celery
- cucumbers (optional)*
- 1 Tablespoon of Stacey Hawkins Simply Brilliant (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Rinse 1 cup of dry quinoa in a mesh strainer for 2-3 minutes.
- Using the rinsed quinoa, cook it as instructed and let cool
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, SAVE the juice (called Aquafaba)
- Add 1 cup of chickpeas to cooled down quinoa
- Bring 1 cup of Aquafaba to a boil, turn off, and stir in 1/2 teaspoon of Simple Girl bouillon until it is fully dissolved. Let cool
- Roll basil and slice thinly to make "ribboned" basil slices
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half, diced red onion, and cucumbers
- Mix lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and stevia; add to cooled Aquafaba
- Mix everything together and separate into 4 equal servings.
Chef Notes: Adding extra cucumbers might make this salad taste like it doesn't have enough dressing, if so add a little more lemon juice, red wine vinegar, or Aquafaba for more moisture. Carnivores: You can use grilled chicken over chopped romaine instead of the quinoa and chickpeas.