Red Pepper Orange Chicken
- 3.5oz thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- Chicken broth
- Ground red pepper
- Italian seasoning
This pairs nicely with steamed ribboned zucchini.
- Take 3 or 4 orange sections, remove the outer membrane, then cut up into pieces, add red pepper to taste, set aside.
- Place the remaining sections on your plate.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt, a tiny bit of red pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- In a skillet with chicken broth, cook 3-4 minutes, turning once. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Plate the chicken.
- Add the cut-up orange to the skillet to heat through. If too much liquid sprinkle a tiny amount of xanthan gum stirring until it slightly thickens. Pour over chicken.