- ½ cup Simple Girl® Sweet Mustard
- 2 teaspoons of mustard (any approved type)
- ¼ teaspoon chili pepper (if you don’t like spicy, don’t add this)
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins’ Toasted Sesame Ginger spice
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme
- Collard greens or spring green mix
- Grape tomatoes
- Romaine, kale, and cucumbers can be added for a larger salad
- Chicken tenderloins (1 pound)
- Non-stick spray (Smart Balance® is Nan’s favorite)
- Chicken Stock (Imagine® is Nan’s favorite)
- Prep your Salad Dressing. Mix the Sweet Mustard dressing with the mustard and set aside
- Prep your Spice Blend by mixing all suggested spices together
- Prep your Produce.
- De-stem Thyme; rough chop.
- Remove center stems from collard greens, discard. Roll leaves into a “cigar” and slice across into about ¼ inch ribbons. (Do the same with the kale if you are adding to your salad.)
- Trim radish ends and slice about a ¼ inch thick and half moons.
- Slice grape tomatoes
- Slice cucumbers
- Place all ingredients in a bowl with the desired amount of salad dressing, mix and set aside.
- Place chicken into a bowl, drizzle with chicken stock, 2 tablespoons of dressing, add thyme, salt and pepper, and a teaspoon of spice blend. Mix contents so all chicken is coated.
- Spray medium sauté pan with non-stick spray over medium heat, add chicken and cook until browned evenly on both sides.
- Place chicken onto a broil safe sheet
- Add chicken stock to the pan to “clean” off brown, add 1-2 tablespoons of dressing and mix. Use this mixture as a sauce and pour over the chicken. Broil for a few minutes until browned.
This recipe allows you to make four servings of chicken and extra salad dressing for 2-3 servings of salad.