- ½ cup Simple Girl® Sweet Mustard Dressing
- 2 teaspoons of mustard (any approved type)
- ¼ teaspoon chili pepper (if you don’t like spicy, don’t add this)
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins Toasted Sesame Ginger Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme
3.5 ounces of:
- Collard greens or spring green mix
- Grape tomatoes
- Romaine, kale, and cucumbers can be added for a larger salad
- Chicken tenderloins (1 pound)
- Non-stick spray (Smart Balance® is Nan’s favorite)
- Chicken stock (Imagine® is Nan’s favorite)
This recipe allows you to make four servings of chicken and extra salad dressing for 2-3 servings of salad.
- Prep your salad dressing by mixing the Sweet Mustard dressing with the mustard and set aside.
- Prep your spice blend by mixing all suggested spices together.
- Prep your produce.
- De-stem Thyme and do a rough chop.
- Remove center stems from collard greens, discard. Roll leaves into a “cigar” and slice across into about ¼ inch ribbons. (Do the same with the kale if you are adding to your salad)
- Trim radish ends. Slice about a ¼ inch thick and half moons.
- Slice grape tomatoes.
- Slice cucumbers.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl with the desired amount of salad dressing. Mix and set aside.
4. Prep and cook your chicken
- Place chicken into a bowl, drizzle with chicken stock, 2 tablespoons of dressing, add thyme, salt and pepper, and a teaspoon of spice blend. Mix contents so all chicken is coated.
- Spray medium sauté pan with non-stick spray over medium heat, add chicken and cook until browned evenly on both sides.
- Place chicken onto a broil safe sheet.
- Add chicken stock to the pan to “clean” off brown. Add 1-2 tablespoons of dressing and mix. Use this mixture as a sauce and pour over the chicken. Broil for a few minutes until browned.
Serve with salad and top your plate with a sprinkle of spice blend.