- 3.5 ounces of small raw wild shrimp
- .5 ounce red onion
- 3 ounces of tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (4 medium size limes)
- 1 handful chopped fresh cilantro
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of crushed pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 Wasa cracker
This recipe uses 1 protein, 1 vegetable, and 1 crunchy carb.
- Cut shrimp into small pieces.
- Finely chop the red onion and cilantro.
- Chop tomato and cucumber.
- Squeeze lime juice.
- Mix all together and refrigerate for 4 hours. Shrimp will cook in the lime juice.
- Serve over Wasa cracker and the rest can be used with romaine.
If you don't trust this "cooking" method, use already cooked wild shrimp. Make it more or less spicy to taste.
This is a great recipe for vegans and vegetarians if you substitute chickpeas for shrimp.
A slight variation submitted by another BTM2 client:
- 3.5 oz of raw fish of choice or raw shrimp
- Chopped cilantro
- 2-3 limes
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped onion
- Chopped cucumber
Chop and mix together and allow to marinate for several hours or till the next day until the fish turns white. Serve over cucumber slices or celery scoops