- 400 grams/14 ounces of grass-fed stew meat
- 1-4 servings approved vegetables of your choice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 5 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Chili pepper to taste
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 32 ounces of grass-fed beef stock (Imagine is my favorite brand.)
Makes 4 protein servings and lots of broth for gravy or soup.
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture into the beef and salt the meat liberally.
- Saute the beef and minced garlic in a large saucepan until browned.
- Fill the pan about halfway with beef stock.
- Cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to slow cook for 1 hour.
- With about 15 minutes left add vegetables.
You may add more of the spice mixture if you wish.
You may also use Xanthan gum to thicken the broth into a gravy. Remember, when the liquid is hot Xanthan gum will thicken broth very fast. Use 1/8 teaspoon per cup of liquid as a start.