Spicy Spinach Cabbage Shrimp Soup
- 14 oz of shrimp
- 14 oz of spinach
- 1 cabbage, sliced 1/4-inch (4 to 5 cups)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 onion powder
- 1/8 garlic powder
- 1/8 paprika powder
- 1/8 dried thyme
- 1/8 dried oregano,
- 1/8 dried basil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 4 oz of spicy salsa
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Cilantro to garnish
REP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 35 mins
TOTAL TIME: 50 mins
SERVINGS: 4 servings
- Sauté cabbage and spices medium heat until cabbage is softened.
- Then add the salsa and chicken stock to the pot. Stir to combine everything, bring to a simmer add salt to taste. Lower the heat and cover the pot.
- Let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cabbage is thoroughly cooked.
- Then add the shrimp and spinach, cook for another 5 minutes
- Served hot, add the cilantro garnish