- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- 6 tablespoons of chicken broth
- 6 drops of stevia
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or smoked sea salt
- 14 ounces chicken breast (4 - 3.5-ounce servings) I tied them off with cooking string.
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- Smart balance spray
- 14 ounces Brussel sprouts cut in half
- In a small food processor, combine the first 8 ingredients, and blend until smooth. (Reserve ¼ cup for later.)
- In a Ziploc bag, combine chicken and marinade. Marinate for 1 hour or more.
- Spray pan with Smart balance spray and at medium to high heat cook Brussel sprouts flat side down for about 8 minutes with a lid and occasionally adding broth for moisture and faster cooking. Remove the lid, raise temperature closer to high and cook Brussel sprouts until crispy. Add a little chicken stock as needed to keep them from burning. Remove them from the pan, and set aside on a plate.
- Not cleaning the pan, spray a little more Smart Balance, and place chicken in the pan browning on both sides, deglazing the pan with the marinade from the Ziploc bag. Add stock as needed, and let the stock cook down until you get a nice brown sauce. This will take 5-6 minutes.
- Add the rest of the marinade you reserved and your Brussel sprouts to the pan, and saute everything together for another 1-2 minutes.
- food processor, bullet, blender
- digital scale
- cooking string (optional)
- aluminum lemon/lime squeezer (click here for a link)