Hey All, this is a terrific recipe.
You will not miss out on the holiday flavors, so remember: focus on what you CAN have, not what you can't!
- 14 ounces roasted cauliflower
- 14 ounces cooked ground turkey
- Smart Balance non-stick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins Classic Chicken Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Simple Girl Dry Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups of Imagine chicken stock (some for ground turkey, some for cauliflower, 2 cups for gravy)
- 4 Grissini Bread Sticks, crushed
Spices for roasted cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 teaspoon of celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped poultry herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme)
- Imagine chicken stock
- 2 cups of Imagine chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of Simple Girl Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan gum
Makes 4 servings. Each serving contains 1 protein and 1 vegetable and 1 bread stick.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush bread sticks in a baggie and save for the topping.
- Weigh out 14 ounces of cauliflower, place in a bowl.
- Chop up fresh herbs.
- Place cauliflower, salt, celery flakes, and herbs into a bowl and evenly mix ingredients.
- Place seasoned cauliflower on a cookie sheet and roast the cauliflower for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool; break the cauliflower into tiny pieces for the casserole topping.
While the cauliflower is cooking, brown up the turkey and make the gravy.
- Spray your sauté pan with non-stick cooking spray and brown up the 14 ounces of ground turkey, occasionally adding chicken stock for flavor and deglazing the pan.
- Remove turkey, set aside. DO NOT WASH YOUR SAUTE PAN!
Make the gravy
- Place 1 cup of stock into your sauté pan and reduce down until it is brown in the pan.
- Add the second cup of stock and all spices EXCEPT the Xanthan gum. Stir all ingredients for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/8 of a teaspoon of Xanthan gum, and stir. If it is not as thick as you would like, add another 1/8 teaspoon. (Please note; when heat is used with Xanthan gum, it will thicken very quickly)
Putting it all together:
- Spray an 8 x 8 square casserole dish and evenly spread the cooked turkey.
- Mix the breadsticks and cauliflower to make the topping.
- Place the topping evenly on top of the turkey.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Cut casserole into 4 equal servings/squares.
- Top with warm gravy, serve with sautéed kale and lemon sauce, romaine lettuce with dressing, and end this holiday meal with Nan's Apple Cookies.
(If you add the lemon sauce and apple cookie, you will have eaten a meal that contains 1 fruit and your serving of dairy.)