Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1:30 hours
Servings 5 servings of protein and 5 servings of vegetables
- Mix meat, cauliflower rice and seasoning in a mixing bowl to create the filling let it sit for 40min in the fridge
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil cabbage until tender. (Many people freeze the whole head of cabbage and thaw it to eliminate the boiling step but I find the cabbage isn’t as tender this way.)
- Add the filling to cabbage leaves and roll. Place seam side down in a casserole dish.
- Top with the salsa and bake at 375 to 400 degrees for 1 hour 30 minutes (Use salsa it softens & sweetens the sauce slightly and tastes delicious!)
Tips for Great Cabbage Rolls:
- For the most tender cabbage leaves, boil them in salted water.
- Cut 1/2 inch off the head of cabbage, the leaves will fall off as they cook.
- Once boiled, use a small knife to cut the thick stem of the leaf
- Overlap smaller leaves and fill, even if they’re not pretty, they’ll cook perfectly.
- You may have leftover filling depending on the size of your cabbage. Extra filling can be added to salsa.
- Cabbage rolls can be frozen before or after baking.
This Recipe was made by M2 Member Brenda M!