- 7 ounces/200 grams grass-fed beef/bison (ground or cubed)
- 1.5 tablespoons celery flakes
- 4 cups beef broth (Imagine is Nan's favorite brand)
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1- 1.5 teaspoons of pink salt
- Pepper to taste
- 7 ounces of whole canned tomatoes
- 2 cups kale (cigar rolled and thin ribbon sliced)
- Cook beef in saute pan until done. Ground beef/bison will take 8-10 minutes and cubed beef will take 15-20 minutes. Save the juices & drippings and add to the broth.
- Combine all ingredients (except tomatoes and kale) and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- The last 10 minutes add the tomatoes (or the other veggie you chose) and kale.
- If you use chicken or turkey as your protein, don't forget to switch the broth.
- This could be a vegetarian/vegan soup if you use the Simple Girl Dry Bouillon to make the broth and one of the legume choices from the vegetarian protein choices.
- You could also use this as a FREE broth if you eliminate the tomatoes and kale. If you use the kale, you could have a bowl of this every day as an extra food!
- You could also use salsa as the tomato flavor and then add a different vegetable like zucchini or spinach.
- You can also make this more like a stew by adding in some xanthan gum on step 2.