- 3.5 ounces yellow squash
- 1 whole egg plus 3 egg whites
- Scallion greens
- Adobo or Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed half or quarter wasa (optional)
- Shred 3.5 ounces of yellow squash.
- Scramble 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites w 3.5 ounces of shredded yellow squash.
- Add a tablespoon of Scallion greens.
- A dash of Adobo OR Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all together.
- Using a non-stick pan over medium heat, spoon out into small fritter shapes and cook. If you need to use a little Smart Balance spray to keep them from sticking, then do so. I like the vegetable to be broken down even more than this. It holds the shape better. Use a little less egg in the mixture but do cook and eat all the egg.
- If you have any egg left over because you used less in the recipe just scramble remaining egg and have it on the side with the fritters.
- You could add a Wasa to the mixture if you need it thicker.