- Place the first four ingredients into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk gently until the mixture is combined and almost at a boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in a very small sprinkle of xanthan gum.
- The sauce will get thicker as the xanthan gum heats, give it a few minutes before adding a little more.
- Divide mixture into 4 tablespoons and use one serving per day. This would be considered your 1 tablespoon of dairy per day.
This goes great over Nan's apple crisp! CLICK here for that recipe!