Pakistani-Style Chicken Burger
- 2 Grissini Garlic Breadsticks
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 14 ounces ground chicken (high quality) [1 pound minus 2 ounces]
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Ginger (Stacey Hawkins)
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1/2 t fennel seeds, ground
- pink salt and pepper to taste
- Process the breadsticks into crumbs, either with a food processor or put them into a Ziploc bag and roll with a rolling pin until crushed.
- Soak the breadcrumbs in water for about 1 minute, squeeze out the excess.
- Saute the minced garlic with Imagine chicken until soft and fragrant
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly
- Form into 4 equal patties.
- Cook to well done - (chicken must be cooked well done, is not like red meat.)
- Side Note: you can always substitute beef, bison, or ground turkey for the ground chicken. Keep in mind, beef and bison are heartier meats, they might need more spices or salt/pepper than the poultry.
- This recipe makes 4 protein servings and uses 2 crunchy carbs
- 1 burger = 1 protein + 1/2 crunchy carb
- Thank you https://blackbirdideas.wordpress.com for the great pic!